Looking back, I realize I have not written many updates this term. So now, 25 minutes before the new year strikes, I shall tell you what I've done. (In brief)
1. Took 4 classes. Finished well.
2. Bjorn and I threw snowballs at people passing by the library. Snowballs made from the first snow. We were actually waiting for Stephen to come by, so we could get him, but we didn't mind hitting every other person we knew.
3. Went sledding on the hill outside our apartment.
4. Had a potluck Thanksgiving with Hwa Jin, Ashley, Jessica, Diane, and Vikki.
5. Bought three dresses.
6. Wrote five poems, one short story, and a memoir.
7. Sent three poems in for publication. Just between you and me, I don't think they'll be published.
(Sixteen minutes left on the clock.)
8. Was accepted into the exchange program. England, here I come.
9. Dutifully avoided the gym.
10. Followed two feet behind a guy for a good ten minutes. It so happened that we were traveling in the same direction, and he finally felt the need to awkwardly turn and talk to me, seeing as I had followed him for so long.
11. Watched too much online tv. (In my defense, I watched quite a few of those while I was plagued with the Swine flu.)
12. Had the swine flu.
13. Had the normal cough and cold.
14. Tasted cold sake in NY. Didn't like it. Mazui desu ne.
15. Cleaned the refrigerator.
16. Cleaned the shower.
(Nine minutes to go.)
17. Went to Cedar Point (amusement park) with Diane, Vikki, Jess, Gabe, and HwaJin. Came home at 2 in the morning, and then I sat down to write a paper. That was fun.
18. Procrastinated. Didn't learn my lesson.
19. Watched Amazing Grace, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Sqeakquel, Avatar. Watched many more in my Intro to Film class.
20. Made new friends. You know who you are.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Four minutes left of the year. Despite my failures and shortcomings, I am always brought back to the realization that I am no one without the people who love me. Mamma, Pappa, Sofia, Joel. All hail the great family. I love you.
To all, a wonderful year ahead. God bless.
Courage. Love. Honor.