Tuesday 4 February 2014

Unexpected

Since the advent of Disney's new animated movie Frozen, I have heard its songs in the school hallways, on the bus, and from colleagues (ahem). After school the other day I was sitting at my computer when I hear a knock on my door, and then someone sings, "Do you want to build a snowman?"
A pause.
"It doesn't have to be a snowman."
The door opens and in comes Joseph "the Monster" Yun, tall and husky in one of those knock-down-drag-out ways, capable of muscling his way through four opponents on the rugby field, actually kind under all that loud brashness. "What spelling list do we have this week?" He glances at the homework board.
"I haven't given it to you yet."
"Oh." He opens the door and makes to leave and sings out, "Okay, byyyyyyyeeeee!"
The door shuts behind him.

True story.

2 comments:

Reb said...

Those colleagues.

Nard said...

Only stories like this make me want to teach.