Sunday 22 July 2012

On the Road Again


Two days ago, I packed my life into the car and mamma, pappa, and I drove south towards Uppsala to spend some time with the family before my imminent departure. We had a mercurial mix of weather along the way--brilliant sunshine, blue skies, and great cumulonimbus formations. I do so love to weather-watch. There is a saying here in Sweden, "Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder," or "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes." 

 For lunch we stopped at a restaurant in an old manor house built in 1898. 

I had pan-fried herring and smashed potatoes, with a side of lingonberries and a wedge of lemon. 

 We sat outside in the sunshine, but I wandered through the house to find the lunchroom. Reserved, of course.


There were many annexes attached to the manor house, old storage rooms that have now been turned into a very expansive loppis. Thankfully, my baggage limitations keep me from buying anything for a future home.  



I do quite like these spice jars.

 One day you will be mine. 


No comments: