Tuesday 10 July 2012

Uppsala Again

I sit in the quiet kitchen, with the smell of bread in the air and the mid-morning rain pattering softly on the window pane, and I can't help but wonder if the last two weeks really happened at all. Was I really in Amerikat with one hundred and thirty other teachers, a blur of constant noise, insufferably long lectures, cold rooms, and blindingly hot days? It seems a dream to me. Whatever the case, I have two weeks before I leave for Singapore--two weeks to gain my bearings and set my compass for greater adventures yet. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd show you some pictures of my day in Uppsala with my brother and his wife Sofia.

We parked the car by the duck pond just in time to see a giant pike leap out of the water. Who knew there would be pikes in the middle of the city?

A warm and rainy gray day


City of bikes

Carolina Redeviva, Uppsala University Library, reminds me of the library in Beauty and the Beast

Tight-rope walkers

Joel revealing his wealth of botanic knowledge by reading Latin off the plaques

The famed twin spires of Uppsala Domkyrkan

Along the river


 Look like I loving couple, I said. This is what they gave me.

A moment, caught

Life is a good blur sometimes.

2 comments:

Nard said...

that library is wonderful

Unknown said...

I wish I had one of my own.