Monday 11 February 2013

Red Is for Prosperity


I bought these pants in Chinatown for ten dollars. I like a good bargain. These kinds of pants, however, can very easily make me look like the next backpacker, shuffling around in worn-down Havainas and an olive green tank top; and as I don't want to look like a tourist in my own homeland, I purposefully avoided wearing either.  It's a good thing I'm not much for sleeveless pieces anyway. I like the contrast between the white and the red--I've always liked crisp colours--and seeing as it's Chinese New Year, I thought the red was especially appropriate.

I realize these pants are supposed to be worn on the hips, but that's highly unbecoming on my frame, and instead of despairing over the fact that I looked strange in this one-size-does-not-fit-all bargain, I just pulled them up--Steve Urkel style--and now I am happily channeling the spirit of Sinbad the Snappy Dresser.



No comments: