Monday 6 January 2014

Touristing

Today was an odd day. My flight yesterday was canceled because of bad weather conditions in the north of America, and Mr. Moore and I spent forty-five minutes at the airport kiosk securing new tickets...on the 7th at 5.50 in the morning. Therefore, I was unexpectedly given another two days of holiday, the latter of which I spent with JT and Leo touristing around the little town of Waxhaw, North Carolina. They took the bikes into town and Mrs. Moore dropped me off at the Crossroads Coffee Shop, where the Brits joined me for tea. (JT had a chocolate milk shake which he later regretted, but only slightly.) We enjoyed the Americana of the place, walking down one street only to find it ended in a cul-de-sac and we later stopped at a gas station and JT and Leo bought beef jerky and chips. It was a cold, beautifully crisp day with the sun slanting through the trees and a chill wind bearing down on us.




The cups of regular customers hung from the ceiling at the cafe.






No comments: