Wednesday 30 November 2011

Homecoming

 It's been lonely in this house. My parents have been enjoying the heat of the tropics, eating at hawker centres and general frolicking about the island of Singapore. I, on the other hand, have been alone, but have not had a bad time of it, but I'm quite done with living by myself. I am glad they are returning, and they'll have a newly decorated house to return to. I also intend on baking tomorrow--honey wheat bread, cinnamon and saffron buns, maybe some Turkish delight--in between my trips to the laundry room to hang up my whites and colours.


I am quite pleased with my decorations. Mamma and I picked white moss on our trip to Bygdeå, and the bag of it has been sitting on the balcony for the past few weeks. Finally I filled the candleholders and stuck some silk flowers in--a perfectly decent Christmas cup.

No comments: