Saturday 2 March 2013

Kitchen Curtain



This is my kitchen window, which actually consists of two smaller windows with a bar across the middle. The bar has been bothering me for a while now, and I came up with a great idea to cover it with a curtain hung from an adjustable curtain rod. A simple solution. I looked about for a fabric in the right colour--I checked Spotlight and Arab Street and Ikea, but I found nothing! Finally I came across a pair of pillow covers in Ikea, one of which I cut open and sewed into the curtain you see below.


I like it when ideas come together from unexpected sources, and even more than that, I like my new kitchen curtain. It is just the right shade of green; it adds a wonderful feeling to my kitchen. Now, all I need to do is buy another goldfish to fill that miserably empty bowl. Pack your bags, Horatio 2.0.

1 comment:

Nard said...

love that colour. and just to add a random update - I'm going to Stockholm, Gotenberg, and Restenas for a week in May!