Thursday 12 May 2011

Lazy Thursday Afternoon

Today is warm and humid because of the thunderstorm last night (which I greatly enjoyed); the others don't much like the heat, but it reminds me of Singapore, and therefore I am perfectly content to sit on my balcony and write letters and take pictures of unsuspecting passers-by.

Zach Fisk enjoys the early afternoon sun from his balcony.

 
 Neighbor Steve on his way from an errand.

 I write letters.

Michael shoots hoops.

After a bit, Doug Chu, friend and fellow Singaporean, stopped by and we chatted a bit, about Singapore, about our susceptibility to cold and how terrible long winters really are, among other things. Winter is a beautiful thing--white, wonderful, and all--but so are jungles, cicadas in the afternoon, crickets at night, and geckos in the house.

I haven't done much today. I should have. I have an essay to write and two exams to study for; but as of right now, I enjoy sitting still and hearing life hum around me, carrying me along with the beat of things.

No comments: