Friday 27 May 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mother tells me that my graduation party will be "American themed," seeing as I finished my degree there. In anticipation of this, she bought chips and the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies and rice krispie treats. Essentially American, no?


1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups old-fashioned oats
12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Beat together softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the flour mixture and oats. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 52 cookies.

Eat,
 the Cookie Monster

No comments: