Tuesday 11 December 2012

Drama


 Look at the sleeves! I am so pleased with this purchase. I found it in a little shop in Holland Village and liked the colour. It's so dramatic, what with its bell sleeves and tunic length. I have worn it over my loose, black harem pants, or tucked into my high-waisted skirt, and on this particular evening, I wore it over black stockings with a pair of not-so-high heels to the Christmas party. I haven't yet bought myself a camera stand, so this picture will have to do for now. Perhaps one day I will show you a greater extent of my wardrobe.

One of the chief joys of my work is that I may dress as I please. Thus far I have worn turbans on several occasions, Gibson girl updos, high-waisted harem pants, long skirts, nautically inspired outfits of all flavours and colours (stripes preferably), and punjabi pants galore; even the time I wore tattoo sleeves and pirate pants, no one batted an eye or winced in my general direction. Either they don't much mind my curious tastes, or I've just worn them down to indifference.


I've been meaning to buy peacock earrings for three years now, but I've found them to be either too expensive or nowhere at all. I bought this pair in Little India for three dollars. Nevermind the mess in the background, though do take a look at the book on my golden side table. It is Samuel Johnson's Dictionary--a biased piece of work which reads, for example, in the following manner:

Oats. A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.

No comments: