Monday 17 December 2012

Power

I'm better! I have the immune system of a ninja. Perhaps that is why I am so teary-eyed and pathetic when I'm sick--"toned down" is how Jana put it--but I'm just not used to being out of sorts. Usually I seize the day by the throat and throttle it until it gives me what a want.

 Today I spent amending all the things I yesterday found to be wrong. I have taken out the trash, swabbed the deck, hung up curtains, paid some bills (in person and online), stocked up on laundry tokens, done four loads of laundry, and ended the evening by blowing  a fuse and plunging the house into utter blackness. I am now sitting in the dark with only the sound of rain to accompany me. I tried the fuse box and switching off the offending outlet, but to no avail. I called my landlady, and I suppose she will do everything in her power to get me mine back.

No comments: