Wednesday 10 August 2011

Cleaning Out and Clearing Up

Alicia left this morning (and for some reason I can't shake the feeling that I didn't feed her enough), and since then I have been cleaning up my room, which my father said resembled "one of those hoarder's" (which isn't really my fault as it has been inhabited by a multitude of people over the last three months) and getting things ready and pulling out all my sister's things out of the wardrobe and putting my own in their stead and answering the phone and washing dishes and forgetting to eat.


While clearing things out, I had a spot of fun and tried on Sofia's dresses. 


Clean and cozy

I turned the lamp-without-its-shade it into a jewelry stand.  

Finally. My own coin jar. My dad's always had one, filled with coins and notes from every country he's been to (pardon the hanging preposition). I feel accomplished.  


I thought I was going to visit my uncle and aunt and cousins on Friday, but they called and it turns out we are leaving for their cottage by the sea tomorrow and 'couldn't you make a batch of rice krispie treats?' I can, and I did. I'm going to make another batch, per request, for my grandmother's birthday next Wednesday.

And now it's already two in the morning and here I am writing blog posts and I still haven't gotten to bed. You know what I say to that?

"Ppbbbbbt!"

No comments: