Tuesday 16 August 2011

Bits and Bobs

There are good days in this life. I tend to have them all the time, but not to discourage you, I will limit my enthusiasm. Today was an odd collection of activities; I'm not sure how they came together, but they did.

 Found my Star Wars cup. Put a bendy straw in it. Good times.


Mom came home, singing happy birthday to my father and handing him the biggest tool box in the world. "Ska de' va så ska de' va."


Mom asked me to finish the scrap book for grandmother's birthday. Though I realize the definition of 'scrapbooking' is consistent among aficionados, as for myself it means putting lady bug stickers everywhere. 

Liver pate sandwich with pickles. Sounds rather magical, doesn't it?


It's Amelia's birthday. She is eleven today. Mom, dad, and I dressed up and drove to my uncle's house to celebrate with cake and presents.


 One of the presents: a pencil cat. 


 And then the children retired to the day room and played The Sweden Game for Juniors. Living outside of the country for an extended period of time definitely puts me at a disadvantage when it comes to national trivia.

 I came last.

But I finished the game.

No comments: