Monday 15 August 2011

I Spent My Day in Awesomeness

At twelve o'clock I started up from my computer and ran into the kitchen exclaiming, "Dad, what are we having for lunch?"

Dad (from the living room): I don't know.
Me: I know you don't know. You never know.

I have memories of my father starting out of his chair and dashing into the kitchen when he realized his two daughters had come home from school and he'd forgot to turn on the rice cooker. He and I are the same in many ways. We seem never to have developed any lasting feelings of hunger and can go for hours, even a day without eating because we are too absorbed in other work.

Dad (offers as an explanation): Well, I just got back yesterday.
Me: I just got back yesterday, and I made pancakes last night for myself.
Dad: You can make pancakes again.
Me: Do you want me to make pancakes?
Dad: I like pancakes.

So I made pancakes.


American: So they're like crepes? 
Swede: No, they're not like crepes. They're like Swedish Pancakes. 

2 1/2 dl / 1.06 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 dl/ 2.5 cups milk
3 eggs
3 tablespoons butter


Melt butter. Mix ingredients in bowl. Pour a thin layer into frying pan. Flip the pancake when lightly brown on the underside. Serve when pancake is lightly brown on both sides. To be eaten with jam and a glass of cold milk. Serves four.

No comments: