Monday 15 August 2011

My Uncle's Cottage

Once again I have been very far away from my computer, though I suspect this is one of the last times as summer is coming to an end, and there is a suspiciously cold feel to the wind when the sun goes away. I have been off at my uncle's cottage by the sea--it's gray with purple corners--and spent the days with my aunt and uncle and cousins.

My beautiful aunt and I went for a walk in the woods with Zita, all the way to the Nile, an area of sand flats and rushes. Does she not look like a gentle fairy queen?


Zita heard something scary (a bird) in the tall grasses and decided to join us on the rock.
 Because it was safer.

Zita moves among heather and blueberry bushes.


Dog days 





A bit of reading, a bit of writing 

Amelia and I gathered raspberries behind the shed. 

No comments: