Tuesday 20 September 2011

Chocolate Balls


Our baking had a rather unceremonious beginning. The recipe calls for sugar, as all sweet treats do, and instead of pouring it into the metal bowl I tipped the measure into the oatmeal container. We had to find a sieve and sift the oatmeal to separate it from the sugar; but still, Amelia gave me only one of those you're-rather-hopeless looks.

Sweet cousin Amelia

Regardless of my own shortcomings, I give you the recipe in hopes that you fare better on your journey. This is a tried and true no-bake classic, a delicious memory from my childhood when my mother and I made chocolate balls around the kitchen table.

Chocolate Balls

100 grams butter
1 1/2 dl sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla powder
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
5 dl rolled oats
2-3 tablespoons water

pearl sugar or coconut flakes

Stir sugar with room temperature butter. Add vanilla powder, cocoa, rolled oats, and water. Mix well. Pinch off bits of dough and work into balls by hand. Roll balls in a bowl of pearl sugar or coconut flakes. Store chocolate balls in a lidded container, preferably in a cool, dry place. (We always keep ours in the freezer.) Enjoy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so good! I'm going to try it!

Unknown said...

Go for it!