Monday 5 September 2011

In Short

I am very tired and am looking forward to sinking down under the covers and reading a good book and dropping off to sleep. Had my first karate lesson today. It went something like this.

Before class: what am I doing? what am I doing? what am I doing?
During class: what am I doing here? what am I doing here? what am I doing here?
After class:
               
                    Sensei: Now remember, next class is on Wednesday.
                    Me: *tries to catch breath*
                   
At home: Man, I'm awesome.
 
Also, had time for some letter-writing and working on one of my stories and ended the day with an episode of Sveriges Historia, which only reminded me how miserably little I know about Sweden's history. I once told a Swedish friend that the the Declaration of Independence was signed in the year 1776, and she looked at me as if I was Benedict Arnold. Hey, I went to an international school with an American-based curriculum. I work with what I have.

But I think I'll start on Herman Lindqvists Historien om Sverige tomorrow.

No comments: